No other L-band commercial mobile satellite has the capability of the Ligado SkyTerra satellites. The 22-meter, reflector-based antenna – the largest reflector in service on a commercial satellite – is specifically designed to provide robust mobile connectivity to small, low-power devices throughout North America. With over $1 billion invested in the development and enhancement of our MSS network and systems, Ligado is poised to deliver next-generation satellite capabilities to the market.
Coverage and Capacity
The Ligado SkyTerra 1 satellite provides coverage and capacity that can be dynamically allocated in response to emergency situations or for any additional bandwidth needs. Advanced ground-based beamforming capabilities enable flexible management of network resources, forming hundreds of beams when and where they are needed throughout North America.
The Ligado satellite network leverages lower mid-band spectrum, which is not only less susceptible to rain fade and blockage from dense foliage, but can also be tightly integrated with terrestrial networks to deliver seamless satellite and terrestrial coverage.
Ligado Satellite Network
- One-of-a-kind satellite network
- 22-meter, reflector-based antenna
- State-of-the-art capabilities, including ground-based beamforming and targeted bandwidth resource allocations
- Ideal for ubiquitous connectivity to small devices for fixed and mobile use
- Enables stronger mobile connections and greater flexibility in network capacity management