No other L-band commercial mobile satellite in North America has the capability of Ligado’s SkyTerra 1 satellite. Its 22-meter, reflector-based antenna – the largest reflector in service on a commercial satellite – enables high-quality connectivity including mobility to low-power, small-form factor devices.
Coverage and Capacity
Our SkyTerra 1 satellite provides coverage and capacity that can be dynamically allocated to respond to business needs for scalability or in response to emergencies. The advanced beamforming capabilities of our ground-based network provide greater flexibility in the management of network resources. SkyTerra 1 can form hundreds of beams when and where they are needed within our North American footprint.
And because our system operates using mid-band spectrum, Ligado’s satellite connectivity is not only less susceptible to rain fade or dense foliage but can also be tightly integrated with our terrestrial network offerings to deliver seamless terrestrial-satellite coverage.
Ligado Satellite Network
- One-of-a-kind satellite network
- 22-meter, reflector-based antenna
- State-of-the-art capabilities, including ground-based beamforming and targeted bandwidth resource allocations
- Ideal for pervasive connectivity to small, fixed and mobile devices
- Enables stronger mobile connections and greater flexibility in network capacity management