About Ligado Networks:
Ligado Networks is a Mobile Satellite Services (MSS) operator providing facilities-based services to the public safety, government, and enterprise segments. The Company’s services and products are traditionally used when land-based networks are impacted by a disaster situation and in areas not served by wireless carriers. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) recently authorized the Company’s MSS spectrum licenses for advanced wireless services, which creates new opportunities to expand Ligado’s technology capabilities and evolve its commercial plans for the emerging 5G future. Working with partners and key vendors to execute its near-term roadmap, Ligado is planning to enhance its MSS network for Internet-of-Things (IoT) services and introduce new, innovative terrestrially-based services.
Based in Reston, Virginia, with an office in Ottawa Ontario, Ligado Networks is led by an experienced management team and Board of Directors with extensive backgrounds in telecommunications, technology, and public policy.
Vice President, Congressional Affairs
The Vice President, Congressional Affairs will help manage congressional affairs efforts and is responsible for building and maintaining productive relationships with Members of Congress and staff on behalf of the company. Based in Washington, DC, and reporting to the Chief Communications Officer & Head of Congressional Affairs, the VP of Congressional Affairs is responsible for guiding and implementing the congressional strategy for the company with the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate. Candidates must have experience in the technology, telecommunications, and defense industries, as well as established relationships and experience working on Capitol Hill.
Key Job Requirements/Functions
- Help develop and execute Ligado’s legislative strategy
- Represent Ligado on Capitol Hill and ensure members of Congress and staff are educated and informed about Ligado’s business operations
- Build and maintain relationships with members of Congress and staff, track congressional hearings, legislation, and all activities regarding relevant congressional committees
- Support Chief Communications Officer & Head of Congressional Affairs in coordinating with industry associations on behalf of the company and managing external congressional consultants
- Coordinate with the Legal and Regulatory team concerning outreach to Executive Branch agencies, including the FCC, and ensure Legal and Regulatory team is briefed and informed regarding relevant Congressional activities
- 10 – 15 years of public policy or federal government experience–specifically, Capitol Hill experience
- Proven knowledge and experience in the legislative process, especially relative to telecommunications, technology, defense, and appropriations issues
- Relationships with key constituencies in Congress and proven track record of advocating with a variety of stakeholders in both the House and the Senate
- Ability to understand the complex political landscape, track changes or shifts in policy, and interpret the potential impact and opportunities for the company
- Experience in public speaking, with significant writing skills
- A team player who consistently brings a positive, “can -do” attitude to the work environment
- An ability to work with people at all organizational levels, both internally and externally
A detailed and compelling compensation package will be outlined for the selected candidate. Ligado Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to submit your cover letter and resume via our online portal.