About Ligado Networks:
At Ligado Networks, we’re all about connectivity.
As a network service operator, we are driven by the power of connectivity. Its importance to the way we live and work has never been more pervasive. Our connected life is supported by many networks ranging from satellite connectivity that extends mobile coverage to the most remote areas in the U.S. to wireless connectivity that is supporting an explosion of mobile data traffic. At Ligado Networks, we believe in the tried-and-true formula for America’s global leadership in wireless—that more spectrum availability and continued investment in wireless infrastructure can deliver more innovative ways to connect people, devices, objects, vehicles, and buildings in an increasingly mobile lifestyle and economy.
Based in Reston, Virginia, with an office in Ottawa Ontario, Ligado Networks is led by an experienced management team and Board of Directors with extensive backgrounds in telecommunications, technology, and public policy.
We’re looking for a developer with a passion for software development, proven object-oriented design skills, the strength to produce quality code, and an ability to effectively communicate with team workers and stakeholders on business requirements.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Participate in a variety of activities including ground-up development of new features, maintenance of existing features, cross-platform considerations, performance improvements and solving complex technical issues;
- Develop software programs according to Ligado’s software development life-cycle processes;
- Refactor existing code according to best practices;
- Investigate and resolve production issues;
- On Call Support (Rotating 24/7 schedule);
- Participate in design activities;
- Analyze system requirements;
- Implement design plans;
- Write unit and functional tests and document system development;
- Write, review and revise product requirements and specifications
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
We strongly value your talent, energy and passion. It will also be valuable to Ligado Networks if you have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science (or related) and 3-7 years development experience
- Experience in object-oriented programming
- Experience and strong knowledge of Java
- Experience and strong knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Experience using C/C++/C#
- Experience developing Complex, Multi-threaded applications.
- Unit Testing experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to apply creative thinking to technology issues
- Curiosity to learn about new technologies and approaches. Requires staying up-to-date with the latest development systems.
- Team player with great communication and interpersonal skills
- Intellectually curious with innovative and creative problem solving skills
- Well organized and able to work under deadlines and multiple projects
- Highly motivated self-starter with demonstrated initiative and the ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Able to work effectively and productively with other developers, system integrators and teams across Ligado
- Someone who understands the importance of documentation and process
- Working conditions for a Software Developer revolve around having flexible schedules and collaborating with clients and staff who may be in different time zones. Must be available for 24/7 on-call on a rotating basis
Preferred Skils & Experience
- Experience developing on real-time systems
- Knowledge of Oracle / MySQL databases
- Virtualization (Cloud, VMware)
- Experience with the any of the following Applications: Netcool, SharePoint, Smartsheet, MATLAB
We offer a competitive salary range and bonus depending upon experience. We provide excellent training and support. We offer highly competitive benefits. Ideally, we are looking for candidates who want a long term role and who have the right work ethic, a lot of common sense and initiative and who thrive in a fast-paced, teamwork environment. Ligado Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to submit your cover letter and resume via our online portal.