About Ligado Networks:
Ligado Networks is a Mobile Satellite Services (MSS) operator providing facilities-based services to the public safety, government, and enterprise segments. The Company’s services and products are traditionally used when land-based networks are impacted by a disaster situation and in areas not served by wireless carriers. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) recently authorized the Company’s MSS spectrum licenses for advanced wireless services, which creates new opportunities to expand Ligado’s technology capabilities and evolve its commercial plans for the emerging 5G future. Working with partners and key vendors to execute its near-term roadmap, Ligado is planning to enhance its MSS network for Internet-of-Things (IoT) services and introduce new, innovative terrestrially-based services.
Based in Reston, Virginia, with an office in Ottawa Ontario, Ligado Networks is led by an experienced management team and Board of Directors with extensive backgrounds in telecommunications, technology, and public policy.
Senior Software Developer
The Senior Software Developer will lead the development efforts for ScienceLogic and ServiceNow. This will include Development, System Configuration and performing upgrades on ScienceLogic and ServiceNow to the latest releases, all within the Agile Framework. Other responsibilities will include working closely with the Product Owner to gather and document end user and business owner requirements, functional requirements, and developing technical requirements. Developing workflow customizations and supporting the Product teams. The candidate will have a technical understanding of the ScienceLogic and ServiceNow functionality and how all ITIL processes can be implemented.
Strong knowledge of source control, build systems, test automation systems, continuous integration, gated check-in, and the software development and delivery process. You can write and debug scripts and systems. You should be very comfortable with continuous integration concepts and tools. You will be expected to lead in all aspects of the builds, integration, branching, merging, tools used and automation.
Proven ability to create reliable tools and systems that can be deployed to support a fast-moving development organization. You have strong bias towards automating and streamlining processes. You find joy in making automation faster, more reliable and easier to debug.
Key Job Requirements/Functions
- Lead the development efforts for ScienceLogic and ServiceNow. This includes Development, System Configuration, integrating new systems into ScienceLogic and performing upgrades to the latest releases within the Agile Framework.
- Ensure the latest release of ScienceLogic application is implemented in a timely manner with minimal or no disruption
- Work closely with the Product Owner who will gather and document end user and business owner requirements, functional requirements, and technical requirements, in order for quick deployment of new features and capabilities within ScienceLogic or ServiceNow.
- Work closely with Technical SMEs to integrate various systems into ScienceLogic.
- As needed, develop workflow customizations and supporting the Product teams.
- Ensure that the newest releases of ServiceNow application is implemented in a timely manner with minimal or no service disruption.
- Customize ServiceNow applications and facilitate rollout of new applications and modules and configure Application UI and Configure Workflow
- Deploy new features and functionality leveraging the Agile Framework.
- Point of Contact for ongoing production support and end user support issues related to ScienceLogic and ServiceNow.
- Research and investigate new ways to leverage the ScienceLogic and ServiceNow solution within the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 5-10 years of related experience.
- 2+ years of working experience with ScienceLogic
- Strong understanding of ScienceLogic Platform including (Pizza box and Distributed Platforms), but not limited to, Device detection, policy generation and custom scripting
- Experience on ScienceLogic version 8.X.X and above along with previous experience upgrading the ScienceLogic Platform (Pizza box and Distributed Platforms) to new releases.
- Demonstrated ability to move device and policy configurations within ScienceLogic between platforms. (Development, Test & Production environments)
- 2+ years of working experience with ServiceNow
- Strong understanding of ServiceNow Development Platform including, but not limited to, ITSM, CMDB, Asset Management, Change Management, and Custom Development.
- Experience on ServiceNow Madrid Release and above, along with previous experience upgrading ServiceNow to new releases.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow applications and how to customize them to facilitate rollout of new applications and modules and configure Application UI and Configure Workflow.
- Experience using Java & C/C++.
- Strong experience using databases (SQL, MySQL, Oracle experience is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of source control, build systems (i.e. Git repository technologies), test automation systems, continuous integration, gated check-in, and the software development and delivery process
- Experience in Agile delivery methodologies, including working experience with JIRA
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Experience with client/server and application system architectures and migration
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Ability to efficiently and appropriately estimate work effort requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to apply creative thinking to technology issues
- Team player with great communication and interpersonal skills
- Intellectually curious with innovative and creative problem-solving skills
- Well organized and able to work under deadlines and multiple projects
- Highly motivated self-starter with demonstrated initiative and the ability to work well with minimal supervision.
Additional Technical Skills /Experience Desired
- ITIL certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent project management and time-management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to present technical information in a way that non-technical management and staff will understand
- Focus on quality and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines, as necessary
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills Minimum
- ServiceNow Certifications
- ScienceLogic Certifications
A detailed and compelling compensation package will be outlined for the selected candidate. Ligado Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to submit your cover letter and resume via our online portal.