About Ligado Networks:
At Ligado Networks, we are all about connectivity.
As a network service operator, we are driven by the power of connectivity. Its importance to the way we live and work has never been more pervasive. Our connected life is supported by many networks ranging from satellite connectivity that extends mobile coverage to the most remote areas in the U.S. to wireless connectivity that is supporting an explosion of mobile data traffic. At Ligado Networks, we believe in the tried-and-true formula for America’s global leadership in wireless—that more spectrum availability and continued investment in wireless infrastructure can deliver more innovative ways to connect people, devices, objects, vehicles, and buildings in an increasingly mobile lifestyle and economy.
Based in Reston, Virginia, with an office in Ottawa Ontario, Ligado Networks is led by an experienced management team and Board of Directors with extensive backgrounds in telecommunications, technology, and public policy. We are looking for a Senior OSS/BSS Software Developer in our Ottawa Office.
Senior OSS/BSS Software Developer
We are looking for a developer with a passion for software development, proven design skills, the strength to produce quality code, and an ability to effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders on business requirements. This position has a strong focus on Operational & Business Support Systems. Duties of this position could involve the assessment of a COTS BSS replacement.
Key Job Requirements/Functions
- Participate in a variety of activities including ground-up development of new features, maintenance of existing features, cross-platform considerations, performance improvements and solving complex technical issues;
- Develop software systems and applications adhering to Ligado’s Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC);
- Refactor existing code according to best practices;
- Investigate and resolve technical production issues;
- On Call Support (Rotating 24/7 schedule);
- Participate in design activities;
- Analyze system requirements;
- Implement design plans;
- Write unit and functional tests and document system development;
- Write, review and revise product requirements and specifications;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
We strongly value your talent, energy and passion. It will also be valuable to Ligado Networks if you have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science (or related) and 5+ years OSS/BSS development experience
- Experience and strong knowledge of Pro*C
- Experience and strong knowledge of PL/SQL
- Experience and strong knowledge of Oracle Forms
- Experience and strong knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Unit Testing experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to apply creative thinking to technology issues
- Team player with great communication and interpersonal skills
- Intellectually curious with innovative and creative problem-solving skills
- Well organized and able to work under deadlines and multiple projects
- Highly motivated self-starter with demonstrated initiative and the ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Able to work effectively and productively with other developers, system integrators and teams across Ligado
- Someone who understands the importance of documentation and process
Additional Technical Skills /Experience Desired
- Experience evaluating COTS solutions
- Virtualization (Cloud, VMware, AWS)
- Experience with the any of the following Applications: ServiceNow, SharePoint & Smartsheet
- Working conditions for a Software Developer revolve around having flexible schedules and collaborating with clients and staff who may be in different time zones. Must be available for 24/7 on-call support as needed
- Office location includes parking, on-site café, on-site gym and 24/7 security.
- Expected to work remotely at this time due to global health situation
We offer a competitive salary range and bonus depending upon experience. We provide excellent training and support. We offer highly competitive benefits, RRSP and Pension contribution matching. Ideally, we are looking for candidates who want a long term role and who have the right work ethic, initiative and who thrive in a fast-paced teamwork environment. Successful hires must pass CGP (Controlled Goods Program) clearance. Ligado Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to submit your cover letter and resume via our online portal.