About Ligado Networks:
Ligado Networks is a Mobile Satellite Services (MSS) operator providing facilities-based services to the public safety, government, and enterprise segments. The Company’s services and products are traditionally used when land-based networks are impacted by a disaster situation and in areas not served by wireless carriers. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) recently authorized the Company’s MSS spectrum licenses for advanced wireless services, which creates new opportunities to expand Ligado’s technology capabilities and evolve its commercial plans for the emerging 5G future. Working with partners and key vendors to execute its near-term roadmap, Ligado is planning to enhance its MSS network for Internet-of-Things (IoT) services and introduce new, innovative terrestrially-based services.
Based in Reston, Virginia, Ligado is led by an experienced management team and Board of Directors with extensive backgrounds in telecommunications, technology and public policy.
Ligado Networks is seeking an experienced project manager to lead some of the company’s most critical projects, largely supporting the development of our 5G Ecosystem and overall company strategy.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Form, manage, and lead the cross-functional team(s) responsible for the complete and successful implementation of assigned projects within our 5G Ecosystem Program.
• Manage and maintain all project documentation and artifacts including the Project Charter, project schedule, and risk/issue/action item/decision logs.
• Partner with stakeholders and resources to successfully affect the scope of the project.
• Align teams towards shared goals, facilitate cross- functional team communications, and facilitate working meetings to successfully meet project objectives and deadlines.
• Be influential in motivating the completion of project deliverables and fostering a collaborative environment.
• Present status updates on a regular basis as requested, as required by the process, or by self-recognizing the need to do so.
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned and required.
• Strong background in project management with prior experience managing projects involving technology.
• Strong background in wireless communications, experience working with RAN vendors is a plus.
• Experience leading large and complex technology related projects with project teams that include third- party vendor resources.
• Ability to grasp new technologies and concepts at a high level.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage, adapt, prioritize, and coordinate -functional teams across multiple projects.
• Experience with assessing project risks and issues and defining the appropriate course of action (acceptance, mitigation, avoidance, or transference).
• Ability to work independently and manage assigned workload, combined with the ability to collaborate and work as a team on key project deliverables.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to interface and build relationships with multiple internal and external teams across all levels within the company.
• Experience with the Office 365 suite of tools as well as project tracking tools, experience with Smartsheet is a plus.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or similar.
• 5 – 7 years of progressive project management experience, leading medium to large scale projects in a technology environment.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required.
Click here to submit your cover letter and resume via our online portal.