About Ligado Networks:
At Ligado Networks, we’re all about connectivity.
As a network service operator, we are driven by the power of connectivity. Its importance to the way we live and work has never been more pervasive. Our connected life is supported by many networks ranging from satellite connectivity that extends mobile coverage to the most remote areas in the U.S. to wireless connectivity that is supporting an explosion of mobile data traffic. At Ligado Networks, we believe in the tried-and-true formula for America’s global leadership in wireless—that more spectrum availability and continued investment in wireless infrastructure can deliver more innovative ways to connect people, devices, objects, vehicles, and buildings in an increasingly mobile lifestyle and economy.
The Project Manager will be responsible for leading all Project Management activities across the internal teams in our Technology Organization to include Technology Development teams, Network Engineering and Network Operations.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
The Project Manager will have specific responsibilities that include:
- Project Manage cross functional, matrixed project teams and develop project plans that include gathering requirements (either from internal or external customers), evaluating vendors/solutions, and deploying vendor/solutions into Ligado’s Network to support Ligado’s short term and long term technology initiatives and strategy.
- Coordinate, facilitate Project meetings with key members in various internal teams (Technology Development, Network Engineering and Network Operations) to ensure focus on key project deliverables and status.
- Responsible for communicating project status to senior management, including weekly status reporting, risk management, escalation of issues that cannot be resolved by the project team, and making sure each project is delivered on budget, on schedule, and within scope.
- Communicate project status reports to the internal teams and executive leadership team including risk assessments and mitigation plans.
- Modify and/or implement process and procedures to align with new infrastructure/network support.
- This position may have direct report(s) in the future.
The Project Manager should be a seasoned professional who possess the following professional skills:
- Strong background in project management with prior experience managing projects involving technology.
- Experience leading large and complex technology related projects with project teams that included third party vendor resources.
- Strong background in Wireless Communications and IT Infrastructure technologies.
- Ability to grasp new technologies and concepts at a high level.
- Ownership and leadership skills to coordinate multiple projects across multiple teams and drive them to successful conclusion
- Possess experience working in a high- pressure environment with tight deadlines and capable in working within a fast pace, fast changing environment while driving teams to complete project deliverables.
- Ability to work in a team environment fostering collaboration and holding cross functional teams (Technology, Engineering and Network Operations) accountable to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and manage their own workload, combined with the ability to collaborate and work as a team on key project deliverables.
- Excellent presentation and written communications skills, with the ability to present to senior management and the ability to communicate and build relationships at all levels of company.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite including Project and PowerPoint.
Education and Qualifications:
The Project Manager should meet the following minimum qualifications and educational standards:
- Undergraduate degree. A degree in Engineering or related technical foundation is preferred.
- At least 10 years’ experience in either the telecommunications or technology sectors.
- At least 8 years of Project Management experience leading complex technical projects across multiple teams and services.
- PMP Certification is an added plus
- ITIL Foundations Certification is an added plus
A detailed and compelling compensation package will be outlined for the selected candidate. Ligado Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to submit your cover letter and resume via our online portal.