About Ligado Networks:
At Ligado Networks, we’re all about connectivity.
As a network service operator, we are driven by the power of connectivity. Its importance to the way we live and work has never been more pervasive. Our connected life is supported by many networks ranging from satellite connectivity that extends mobile coverage to the most remote areas in the U.S. to wireless connectivity that is supporting an explosion of mobile data traffic. At Ligado Networks, we believe in the tried-and-true formula for America’s global leadership in wireless—that more spectrum availability and continued investment in wireless infrastructure can deliver more innovative ways to connect people, devices, objects, vehicles, and buildings in an increasingly mobile lifestyle and economy.
Ligado Networks is looking for a highly motivated Network Operations Center Technician to be a part of our team. The individual will perform Tier1 Network Monitoring and Support of Ligado’s Next Generation Satellite Based Network.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Monitor space based Satellite & Terrestrial Network system components and applications to ensure uninterrupted service to fixed and mobile devices across North America.
- Provide Customer Technical Support to assist with satellite communication device configuration and troubleshooting.
- Strong commitment towards customer service and ensuring a high Network Availability.
- Utilize network monitoring and management tools to perform initial diagnosis and resolution of network troubles; when necessary direct repair through escalation to Tier II and Tier III level teams.
- Responsible for alarm response, monitoring & control of multiple satellite feederlink earth stations, Satellite Telemetry, Nortel communications systems, Satellite Carrier Monitoring Systems, CISCO Network Systems, Regional TV broadcast systems, environmental and emergency power systems
- Categorize incident severity, document and provide detailed report of impacting network incidents thru the Remedy Trouble Ticketing Service Alerts.
- Leverage industry best practice troubleshooting skills, Network Management tools, and available resources to quickly resolve network problems.
- Update Remedy documentation and generate maintenance notifications during system reconfigurations or scheduled maintenance events.
- Maintain an Incident Management system and enforce our escalation policy within Ligado to ensure Incident resolution.
- Produce accurate & detailed incident log entries for daily up-reporting to Ligado management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by NOC supervisor or NOC manager.
- This position is part of a 24x7x365 team and will require shift work (8, 10 or 12 hour shifts) that includes days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong initiative: must be able to take a high-level requirement, ask questions/seek clarifications, and get the job done.
- Strong knowledge of at least one programming language (Python preferred)
- Excellent verbal/written communication and problem solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels
- Skilled at using XCAP, XCAL, and Iperf to isolate and detect device issues
- Ability to use Agilent, Anritsu, and Rhode and Schwarz equipment to Analyze RF signals
- RF/wireless communication concepts
- Prior experience in validation and certification of 4G devices and handsets.
- Knowledge of data networking architectures and technologies, including LTE network reference architectures. Familiarity of 3GPP Interfaces and Technical Specifications.
- Good understanding of OFDM/ODFMA, MIMO, MAC layer, TLS/EPTLS and Data protocols.
- Ability to work in dynamic, fast-paced competitive environment with minimal supervision.
- Good understanding of real-time operating systems (Android etc) , baseband and chipset performance. Technical knowledge in signaling, encoding / vocorders.
- Experience working in mission-critical high availability environments
- Self-starter with a quick learning curve
- Critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to effectively work and collaborate with technology, engineering, and network operations team to ensure that solutions meet requirements for a network that is efficiently designed, deployable and maintainable.
- Ability to assist in creating productive presentations on complex projects and present them to peers, management, partners, and customers
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum Associate Degree and/or Technical Diploma; a degree in engineering or computer science is a plus.
- Position requires at least 3-5 years of Network Operations experience of Satellite and/or Telecommunications networks, such as fixed or mobile satellite or wireless networks, terrestrial long distance voice/data or IP networks.
- Ability to troubleshoot RF/Other network related problems effectively in a Network Operations environment using a spectrum analyzer/power meter.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to plan, coordinate and set priorities.
- Experience in Windows/Linux operating environment with MS Office suite experience to include Access.
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies and communication protocols.
- Knowledge of key Operations related ITIL practices (i.e. Incident Management and Change Management) are an asset.
- Ability to Acquire and Maintain a broad knowledge base of Ligado network products and services for coordinated incident management.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, multitasking, prioritizing, and teamwork skills.
- Candidates must meet eligibility requirements for ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) Programs.
- Knowledge of industry standard Tools such as Remedy, NETCool, PRTG/Cisco Works, SiteScan
- Experience with RF Systems
- Knowledge of Linux, UNIX, XML, HTML, MS Access
- Certified CCNA is an asset.
- Databases tools: MS Access, MySQL, Oracle & Origin
- Provide accurate/detailed problem analysis and severity incident classification on multiple systems
- Work well with minimal supervision
A detailed and compelling compensation package will be outlined for the selected candidate. Ligado Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to submit your cover letter and resume via our online portal.