About Ligado Networks:
At Ligado Networks, we’re all about connectivity.
Ligado Networks is a Mobile Satellite Services (MSS) operator providing facilities-based services to the public safety, government, and enterprise segments. The Company’s services and products are traditionally used when land-based networks are impacted by a disaster situation and in areas not served by wireless carriers. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) recently authorized the Company’s MSS spectrum licenses for advanced wireless services, which creates new opportunities to expand Ligado’s technology capabilities and evolve its commercial plans for the emerging 5G future. Working with partners and key vendors to execute its near-term roadmap, Ligado is planning to enhance its MSS network for Internet-of-Things (IOT) services and introduce new, innovative terrestrially based services.
Intermediate/Senior BSS Software Developer
We are looking for a developer with a passion for software development, proven design skills, the strength to produce quality code, and an ability to effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders on business requirements. This position has a strong focus on Operational & Business Support Systems. Duties of this position could involve the assessment of a COTS BSS replacement.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Participate in a variety of activities including ground-up development of new features, maintenance of existing features, cross-platform considerations, performance improvements and solving complex technical issues
- Develop software systems and applications adhering to Ligado’s Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC)
- Refactor existing code according to best practices
- Investigate and resolve technical production issues
- On Call Support (Rotating 24/7 schedule)
- Participate in design activities
- Analyze system requirements
- Implement design plans
- Write unit and functional tests and document system development
- Write, review and revise product requirements and specifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
We strongly value your talent, energy and passion. It will also be valuable to Ligado Networks if you have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science (or related) and 5+ years OSS/BSS development experience
- Experience and strong knowledge of Pro*C
- Experience and strong knowledge of PL/SQL
- Experience and strong knowledge of Oracle Forms
- Experience and strong knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Unit Testing experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to apply creative thinking to technology issues
- Team player with great communication and interpersonal skills
- Intellectually curious with innovative and creative problem-solving skills
- Well organized and able to work under deadlines and multiple projects
- Highly motivated self-starter with demonstrated initiative and the ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Able to work effectively and productively with other developers, system integrators and teams across Ligado
- Someone who understands the importance of documentation and process
Nice to Haves:
- Experience evaluating COTS solutions
- Virtualization (Cloud, VMware, AWS)
- Experience with the any of the following Applications: ServiceNow, SharePoint & Smartsheet
- Working conditions for a Software Developer revolve around having flexible schedules and collaborating with clients and staff who may be in different time zones. Must be available for 24/7 on-call support as needed
- Office location includes parking, on-site café, on-site gym and 24/7 security.
- Expected to work remotely at this time due to global health situation
A detailed and compelling compensation package will be outlined for the selected candidate. Ligado Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Please note that Ligado Networks has mandated that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Click here to submit your cover letter and resume via our online portal.