About Ligado Networks:
Ligado Networks is a Mobile Satellite Services (MSS) operator providing facilities-based services to the public safety, government, and enterprise segments. The Company’s services and products are traditionally used when land-based networks are impacted by a disaster situation and in areas not served by wireless carriers. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) recently authorized the Company’s MSS spectrum licenses for advanced wireless services, which creates new opportunities to expand Ligado’s technology capabilities and evolve its commercial plans for the emerging 5G future. Working with partners and key vendors to execute its near-term roadmap, Ligado is planning to enhance its MSS network for Internet-of-Things (IoT) services and introduce new, innovative terrestrially-based services.
Based in Reston, Virginia, Ligado is led by an experienced management team and Board of Directors with extensive backgrounds in telecommunications, technology and public policy.
Associate General Counsel – Regulatory Affairs
This is a new position that will report to the Executive Vice President & Chief Legal Officer. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of legal and regulatory experience in the telecommunications industry, with a strong expertise in wireless and/or international issues or other regulatory experience in a comparable industry. The Associate General Counsel – Regulatory Affairs will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of the overall regulatory and policy strategy of the Company.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities include:
- Advocate the Company’s position before Congress, the Executive Branch, the FCC, foreign regulatory bodies and international forums, including the ITU and the European Union.
- Advise the Company on regulatory issues associated with strategic partnering and financing.
- Represent the Company in trade associations and conferences.
- Assist in formulating the Company’s position on the regulatory landscape, as well as tracking regulatory updates and being proactive in shaping legislation.
- Manage the technical regulatory team to achieve spectrum coordination and rationalization; and manage outside counsel as needed.
Qualifications & Skills
- JD from an ABA-accredited and highly ranked law school with excellent academics.
- Licensed to practice in at least one U.S. jurisdiction.
- 5-7 years of legal experience in the telecommunications or satellite industry, with a strong expertise in wireless and/or international issues or other regulatory experience in a comparable industry.
- Experience at the Federal Communications Commission, Congress or another federal agency.
- Prior experience or the ability to effectively lead/manage attorneys and supervise outside counsel.
- Knowledge and exposure to legal issues concerning the Telecommunications Act.
Personal Attributes and Traits:
- Superior critical thinking, analytical, drafting, problem-solving and negotiating skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Levelheaded, reasonable and able to “get to yes.”
- Ability to communicate and build strong working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively leverage outside regulatory and corporate counsel while controlling costs.
- Ability to work effectively with governmental and other regulatory agencies to protect the best interests of the company.
- Possess integrity, excellent legal judgment, high ethical standards, and business acumen.
- A true team player.
- Have a “roll up your sleeves” approach and mindset.
- Highly motivated individual with high energy.
- Commitment to building a strong corporate culture.
- A thought partner who is interested in being engaged and collaborative.
- Opportunity to be involved in an exciting and dynamic organization where you have the ability to impact the bottom line
- Daily exposure to diverse and intellectually challenging legal issues
- Work on a complex regulatory initiative to modify mss spectrum to terrestrial
Ligado is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse workplace where all voices are heard and where we continuously improve upon ourselves, our policies, practices, and daily interactions to ensure that we embed into our corporate culture the understanding and respect that will naturally embrace all differences.
Click here to submit your cover letter and resume via our online portal.