About Ligado Networks:
At Ligado Networks, we’re all about connectivity.As a network service operator, we are driven by the power of connectivity. Its importance to the way we live and work has never been more pervasive. Our connected life is supported by many networks ranging from satellite connectivity that extends mobile coverage to the most remote areas in the U.S. to wireless connectivity that is supporting an explosion of mobile data traffic. At Ligado Networks, we believe in the tried-and-true formula for America’s global leadership in wireless—that more spectrum availability and continued investment in wireless infrastructure can deliver more innovative ways to connect people, devices, objects, vehicles, and buildings in an increasingly mobile lifestyle and economy.
The RF Engineer will be part of the Technology Development and Validation organization with responsibility in assisting the overall design and long term evolution to developing a fully hybrid satellite and terrestrial wireless network. Responsibilities include the design, optimization, and build of the
terrestrial LTE network, the terrestrial high precision location network reference stations, and the definition and optimization of the satellite coverage and spectrum utilization to support Ligado’s network vision. The RF engineer will be responsible to work with the various organizations internal to
Ligado as well as with associated partners and vendors to develop requirements, processes and standards for the terrestrial component of the network.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in the Design, build, and optimize the LTE base stations and HPL reference stations for the terrestrial network.
- Develop requirements, processes and standards for the design, capacity, and optimization of the terrestrial LTE network and high precision reference stations, by working with the various engineering organizations.
- Support the testing, demonstration of network deployments and field network trials
- Define the coverage of the satellite beams, optimize for spectrum utilization, identification of terrestrial satellite repeaters applications for augmentation
- Assist in the development of requirements for Antenna and In-Building RF Equipment
- Support Satellite engineering with capacity, frequency studies
- Support the legal and regulatory team with interference analysis and statistics
- Provide support to the other business organizations for propagation plots and coverage simulationsfor the various use cases
- Self-starter with a quick learning curve
- Critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to effectively work and collaborate with technology, engineering, and network
operations team to ensure that solutions meet requirements for a network that is efficiently
designed, deployable, and operable
- Ability to work with technology partners, vendors, and customers
- Proactive in identifying and proposing new solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and experience in presenting technical issues to technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to assist in creating productive presentations on complex projects and present them to
peers, management, partners, and customers
Education and Qualifications
- BS degree in Engineering with 0-2 years’ experience
- Knowledge or familiarity of mobile communication networks (such as LTE) and their principles of operation
- Proficiency with software tools including MS Office
- Experience with RF Planning tools desired
- Experience with GIS software (Google Earth, Mapinfo) desired
- Satellite Experience desired
A detailed and compelling compensation package will be outlined for the selected candidate. Ligado Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.