Principal Spectrum Engineer (Ottawa)
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Ligado’s technology team is looking to hire a Principal Engineer to take a leading role in the company’s Spectrum Management & RAN team, with a focus on spectrum management, spectrum coordination, spectrum engineering, Radio Frequency Interference, participation in regulatory proceedings and filings with Industry Canada, responsibility for ITU filings with respect to our satellites and systems and technical regulatory affairs as well as representation of Ligado in various multilateral coordination meetings representing Canada.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead, manage, and oversee projects, initiatives, and daily operations related to spectrum management
- Prepare and present satellite spectrum briefings to senior and executive management
- Interface with legal and regulatory teams to analyze Industry, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED, formerly Industry Canada) proceedings and prepare relevant submissions
- Interface with network deployment and operation teams to implement spectrum plan, and deployment issues
- Work with strategy and business team to analyze satellite industry trends, define future satellite spectrum demands and needs
- Responsibilities include attending meetings with domestic and international entities, and representing the company at domestic and international technical meetings on as needed basis.
- Travel may be required
Education and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will have at a minimum, an engineering or equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering, post-graduate education is a plus
- 10+ years of experience in satellite industry
- Experience with ITU-R
- Experience working with technical regulatory as well as business teams
- Hands-on experience in developing satellite Link budgets, capacity and beam design as well as related spectrum modeling
- Understanding of various satellite technologies and familiarity with ITU-R recommendations and procedures
- Understanding of ISED regulatory process and ability to understand and analyze documents
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace, diversified, and global environment
- Ability to work in an environment where self-motivation, self-independence and team-work are mandatory
- Proficiency with various Satellite related tools
We offer a competitive salary range and bonus depending upon experience. We provide excellent training and support. We offer highly competitive benefits, RRSP and Pension contribution matching. Ideally, we are looking for candidates who want a long term role and who have the right work ethic, a lot of common sense and initiative and who thrive in a fast-paced, teamwork environment. Candidates must have a valid passport and be available for some international and US travel. Successful candidates must undergo high level security clearances to be eligible to share/receive data from the US (US and Canadian Export Regulations). Ligado Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.