Principal Engineer, Unmanned Autonomous Vehicles
The Principal Unmanned Autonomous Vehicle Engineer will be part of the Technology Development and Validation team with responsibility for the overall design and long term evolution of developing a wireless network that meets the needs of the Autonomous Vehicle Industry.
Responsibilities include research, developing the requirements, designs, architectures, and understanding of the regulations for the network infrastructure, devices, services and applications. This position will lead multiple projects related to Unmanned Vehicles and Integration to the Internet of Things (IOT). Including but not limited to evaluation of partners and products, lab and field validation of various solutions, collaboration with the engineering teams and network planning team in the design and implementation of Demonstrations and Trials, validation that implementation meets design specifications, and assessment of results to the proposed regulations being set by the Federal Agencies responsible to the integration of the technology.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Develop an understanding of the current Federal Regulations for industry of future Unmanned Vehicles and apply the information in how our network can meet similar requirements for Unmanned Vehicles.
- Identify the requirements and capabilities to integrate Unmanned Vehicles, IOT and MSS services for each of the target verticals
- Work with Engineering and Planning teams of the various RF communication links required to support Unmanned Vehicles. Provide direction and requirement for Traffic Models, Capacity Planning and Coverage requirements.
- Lead the testing, demonstration and trials of potential Unmanned Vehicle solutions to validate end to end capabilities for target verticals
- Attend conferences and workshops related to Unmanned Systems
- Work with Unmanned Vehicle manufacturers and suppliers in ensuring how our products and services can be integrated into their ecosystem.
- Develop the requirements and capabilities of new Hybrid Technology terminals to integrate into the Unmanned Vehicle market and associate verticals pursued by the company.
- Participate and represent the company at standards bodies related to Unmanned Systems
- Provide assistance to the finance and procurement team in procurement of equipment, platforms or technology solutions and participate in the selection process.
- Self-starter with a quick learning curve
- Superior critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to effectively work and collaborate with technology, engineering and network operations team to ensure that solutions meet requirements for a network that is efficiently designed, deployable, and operable.
- Ability to work with technology partners, outside vendors and customers
- Proactive in identifying and proposing new solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and experience in presenting technical issues to all levels of management, as well as non-technical staff
- Ability to create productive presentations on complex projects and present them to peers, management, partners and customers
Education and Qualifications:
- BS in Electrical Engineering with 5 years of experience or a MS in Electrical Engineering with 3 years of experience in RF Network Design including:
- RF/Microwave Experience with a wireless service provider.
- RF Planning Process and use of propagation tools.
- RF instrumentation and tools.
- Proficiency with software tools including MS Office, and GIS software
- Satellite Experience desired
- Related Experience with Unmanned Autonomous Vehicles ideal
A detailed and compelling compensation package will be outlined for the selected candidate. Ligado Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.