Network Operations Center Technician
About Ligado Networks:
At Ligado Networks, we’re all about connectivity.
As a network service operator, we are driven by the power of connectivity. Its importance to the way we live and work has never been more pervasive. Our connected life is supported by many networks ranging from satellite connectivity that extends mobile coverage to the most remote areas in the U.S. to wireless connectivity that is supporting an explosion of mobile data traffic. At Ligado Networks, we believe in the tried-and-true formula for America’s global leadership in wireless—that more spectrum availability and continued investment in wireless infrastructure can deliver more innovative ways to connect people, devices, objects, vehicles, and buildings in an increasingly mobile lifestyle and economy.
Ligado Networks is looking for a highly motivated Network Operations Center Technician to be a part of our team. The individual will perform Tier1 Network Monitoring and Support of Ligado’s Next
Generation Satellite Based Network.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Monitor space based Satellite & Terrestrial Network system components and applications to
ensure uninterrupted service to fixed and mobile devices across North America.
- Provide Customer Technical Support to assist with satellite communication device
configuration and troubleshooting.
- Strong commitment towards customer service and ensuring a high Network Availability.
- Utilize network monitoring and management tools to perform initial diagnosis and resolution
of network troubles; when necessary direct repair through escalation to Tier II and Tier III level
- Responsible for alarm response, monitoring & control of multiple satellite feederlink earth
stations, Satellite Telemetry, Nortel communications systems, Satellite Carrier Monitoring
Systems, CISCO Network Systems, Regional TV broadcast systems, environmental and
emergency power systems
- Categorize incident severity, document and provide detailed report of impacting network
incidents thru the Remedy Trouble Ticketing Service Alerts.
- Leverage industry best practice troubleshooting skills, Network Management tools, and
available resources to quickly resolve network problems.
- Update Remedy documentation and generate maintenance notifications during system
reconfigurations or scheduled maintenance events.
- Maintain an Incident Management system and enforce our escalation policy within Ligado to
ensure Incident resolution.
- Produce accurate & detailed incident log entries for daily up-reporting to Ligado management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by NOC supervisor or NOC manager.
- This position is part of a 24x7x365 team and will require shift work (8, 10 or 12 hour shifts)
that includes days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum Associate Degree and/or Technical Diploma; a degree in engineering or computer
science is a plus.
- Position requires at least 3-5 years of Network Operations experience of Satellite and/or
Telecommunications networks, such as fixed or mobile satellite or wireless networks,
terrestrial long distance voice/data or IP networks.
- Ability to troubleshoot RF/Other network related problems effectively in a
Network Operations environment using a spectrum analyzer/power meter.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to plan, coordinate and set
- Experience in Windows/Linux operating environment with MS Office suite experience to
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies and communication protocols.
- Knowledge of key Operations related ITIL practices (i.e. Incident Management and Change
Management) are an asset.
- Ability to Acquire and Maintain a broad knowledge base of Ligado network products and
services for coordinated incident management.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, multitasking, prioritizing, and teamwork skills.
- Candidates must meet eligibility requirements for ITAR (International Traffic in Arms
- Knowledge of industry standard Tools such as Remedy, NETCool, PRTG/Cisco Works, SiteScan
- Experience with RF Systems
- Knowledge of Linux, UNIX, XML, HTML, MS Access
- Certified CCNA is an asset.
- Databases tools: MS Access, MySQL, Oracle & Origin
- Provide accurate/detailed problem analysis and severity incident classification on multiple
- Work well with minimal supervision
Click here to submit your cover letter and resume via our online portal.