Lab Network Engineer
About Ligado Networks:
At Ligado Networks, we’re all about connectivity.As a network service operator, we are driven by the power of connectivity. Its importance to the way we live and work has never been more pervasive. Our connected life is supported by many networks ranging from satellite connectivity that extends mobile coverage to the most remote areas in the U.S. to wireless connectivity that is supporting an explosion of mobile data traffic. At Ligado Networks, we believe in the tried-and-true formula for America’s global leadership in wireless—that more spectrum availability and continued investment in wireless infrastructure can deliver more innovative ways to connect people, devices, objects, vehicles, and buildings in an increasingly mobile lifestyle and economy.
The Lab Network Engineer will be part of the Technology Development and Validation organization with responsibility in assisting the overall design and long term evolution to developing a fully hybrid satellite and terrestrial wireless network. Responsibilities include the design, integration and performance/availability optimization of the core network, including network systems testing. The Lab Network engineer will be responsible to for working with the various organizations internal to Ligado as well as with associated partners and vendors to develop requirements, processes and standards for network elements, and applications/services comprising the complete Ligado solutions portfolio.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Configure, implement, and maintain Virtual EPC elements, along with all supporting equipment in an
ever changing and growing 3GPP lab environment. These elements include but not limited to StarOSbased vEPC, Linux/KVM and VMware virtualization, Cisco UCS, NetApp storage, Cisco network
equipment: ACI, ASR-series routers, SourceFire firewalls/DPI. Create, and maintain accurate records of network elements and configurations. Participates in network planning/research, network architecture, design and engineering. Recommends, designs and builds new test environments as required for validation testing. Candidate may also manage contractors or lead project initiatives related to network. Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Strong initiative: must be able to take a high-level requirement, ask questions/seek
clarifications, and get the job done.
- Experience with firewalls and security protocols.
- Strong knowledge of at least one programming language (Python preferred)
- Excellent verbal/written communication and problem solving skills
- Experience with routing/switching, including MPLS/EVPN, Cisco ACI, and Cisco UCS systems to
include integration and operation are also highly desired.
- Linux (RHEL/Debian) and Windows Server systems administration experience
- Competence in network services: DNS/DHCP/AAA
- Centralized storage systems and protocols: SAN and NAS, NetApp with NFS/iSCSI preferred
- Self-starter with a quick learning curve
- Critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Education and Qualifications
- BS degree in Engineering or three years experience
- Experience with a configuration management tool like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet a plus
- Proficiency with software tools including MS Office
- Experience with network test tools
- Hands on experience configuring 3GPP LTE core components such as HSS, MME/SAEGW/PCRF
- Satellite Experience desired
A detailed and compelling compensation package will be outlined for the selected candidate. Ligado Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to submit your cover letter and resume via our online portal.