Enterprise / Network IT / OSS Architect
Job Location: Reston/Ottawa
As part of Ligado’s Network Planning team, the candidate will be responsible for managing Ligado’s IT/OSS network plan, IT/OSS network implementations and support the development/deployment of new technologies in Ligado’s Network.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Understand Ligado’s IT/OSS challenges, current state and future requirements to develop a comprehensive IT/OSS network evolution plan aligned with corporate objectives.
- Ensure timely implementation of IT/OSS network evolution plans.
- Perform traffic engineering, capacity planning and optimization functions.
- Responsible for NMS evolution plans for tools that support ITIL processes (e.g. event, incident, problem, change and asset management).
- Lead or participate in enterprise vendor, technology, and tool evaluations.
- Lead or participate in the development of business cases and cost benefit analysis.
- Develop high level project plans coordinated with all internal Ligado stake holders to ensure efficient project implementation for new technologies into Network Operations (e.g. Evolved Packet Core and Software Defined Networks).
- Perform other related functions as assigned.
- This position may have direct report(s) in the future.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer information systems, technology management, Engineering or related disciplines.
- 10 years or more of relevant work experience preferably in the Telecommunications industry (Satellite or Wireless Telecom).
- Experience with IT implementation, management, operations, support, and network security.
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture, Network Architecture, Capacity and Optimization planning.
- Experience in LAN/WAN, VLAN, IP technologies (Experience with Cisco Equipment is preferred).
- Solid understanding of advance internetworking routing protocols & technologies (TCP/IP, MPLS, VPLS, QoS, STP, DMVPN, BGP and OSPF)
- Demonstrated experience in Network Management Systems (NMS), Element Management Systems (EMS), automated performance data collection, processing, and reporting.
- Experience with Business Support Systems (BSS) a plus.
- Experience in Evolved Packet Core technologies a plus.
- Knowledge in Software Defined Networks and Network Function Virtualization
- Ability to grasp new technical concepts and technologies.
- Must be self-directed and detail oriented and able to coordinate and work in a team environment, fostering collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to compose, write and edit a variety of general business correspondence, management reports and technical presentations.
- Experience in leading technical organizations in a commercial wireless company to success
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and inter-personal skills
- Ability to interact with peer groups and vendors
Enterprise Architect, Network Architect, Solutions Architect, NMS/OSS
A detailed and compelling compensation package will be outlined for the selected candidate. Ligado Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.