Director, Network and RF Systems Engineering
The role of the Director, Network and RF Systems Engineering, will be to provide in-depth end-to-end RF system analysis, design and program support for Ligado hybrid network evolution with the SBN network consisting of the Skyterra-1 satellite, the GBBF and Consolidated Communications Management Systems (CCMS/GCMS) to an advanced satellite-terrestrial network. Network and RF Systems Engineering will include support for RF system reconfigurations, enhancements, anomaly resolution and also address day to day emerging Ligado Networks Engineering and business needs.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in implementation of new or enhanced RF equipment, antenna systems, monitoring systems and service platforms at existing gateways or other sites to fulfill Satellite Network Engineering and Business needs.
- Support requirements developments for new Gateway earth stations or modification to the existing Gateways working with existing Ligado spacecraft or new spacecraft(s) to be launched in future.
- Support the development of requirements for service platforms and terminals to be launched for new services or modification of existing services in Ligado Network.
- Support Development and execution of comprehensive frequency management plan for day to day operations, planning spectrum utilization changes, Earth station interference analysis as per agreement with various entities.
Support Responsibilities for Network Engineering Groups Include:
- Support Regulatory efforts at Ligado Network with in-depth analysis and recommendations for satellite network frequency coordination and licensing requirements with national and international regulatory bodies.
- Define, Develop or modify test & monitoring capabilities of the satellites services offered by Ligado networks to meet & verify SLAs, KPIs, regulatory requirements and agreements with various entities.
- Support development of test criteria and procedures for acceptance of new or modified RF systems, service platform and monitoring systems
- Responsible for developing and implementing performance monitoring tools for Ligado Hybrid network
- Participate in various technical reviews with vendors in support of contracts
- Manage vendor relationship in support of maintenance and warranty contracts
- Provide technical support to Contracts department in negotiating various network development initiatives
- Provide expert level support for maintenance and operation of Antenna subsystem, RF subsystem, service platforms and monitoring systems including problem diagnosis, resolution, and root cause analysis
- Provide expert level FES, RF and System Engineering support for Network Operations and Planning functions
Education and Qualifications:
- BSEE/ MSEE (Minimum) or equivalent with 10+ years of Networks and RF Systems experience in the satellite and/or wireless communications industry.
- Technical working knowledge of SBN operation including MSS satellite systems, architectures and payloads, Beam forming, GBBF,C-CMS, TTF and S-BSS systems
- Experience with Network analysis tools including MATLAB, Simulink and other modules will be a plus
- Working knowledge of satellite link budgets and capacity analysis for various modulation schemes
- Working knowledge in database management WebNMS, XML and Java
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and network architecture
- Knowledge of configuration management software. Knowledge of Subversion (SVN) a plus
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering as applied to mobile satellite communication systems and Terrestrial systems and for operations, enhancements and planning of such systems.
- Knowledge of digital communications, modulation/demodulation schemes, and popular wireless standards
- Works under minimal direction
- Clear and concise communications including written and verbal skills required for working with vendors and teams.
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; develops and sustains productive customer relationships as they relate to program operations; actively seeks information to understand customers’ circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs; presents operational information to customers to build their understanding of issues and capabilities; responds quickly to meet customer needs and resolve problems
- Effectively works across Technology, Planning and Business Development organizations and outside customers. Is an expert at taking advantage of available resources (individuals, processes, departments, and tools) to complete work efficiently; coordinates with internal and external partners.
- Uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with work completion. Operations and maintenance experience of large technical systems, preferably in satellite and related ground systems operations
- Ability to identify problems, analyzes symptoms, identifies cause and determines options for appropriate corrective action. Expediency is critical.
- The ability to mentor other team members and customers as well as develop and conduct training classes and exercises on the subject matter
A detailed and compelling compensation package will be outlined for the selected candidate. Ligado Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.