Director of Government Relations
Job Description: A key position within Ligado Networks’ Government Relations & Public Affairs division, the Director of Government Relations must demonstrate an ability to develop and shape legislative and government relations strategies to promote and protect Ligado’s business interests with government stakeholders. The Director of Government Relations must have a track record of working effectively across the aisle to move processes forward, being a team player first and foremost, and showing ability to turn complex policy/regulatory positions into message points relatable to key policymakers.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships between company leadership and government, including members of Congress, federal agencies and staff to advance company’s corporate objectives.
- Plan and implement lobbying and advocacy programs designed to enhance company projects, services, assets, operations, and partnerships among external stakeholders.
- Support and manage the efficient utilization of lobbying consultancies and provide oversight of corporation’s political activities, including the company’s political action committee and activities related to advance company-approved political objectives.
- Assist division leadership to manage interactions on behalf of the corporation to advance company objectives with Administration and executive branch agencies, as well as with federal, state, and local elected officials.
- Assist division leadership to manage relationships on behalf of the corporation to advance company objectives with third-party industry and political associations/organizations.
- Assist division leadership in planning and implementing advocacy and outreach efforts designed to influence public policy-makers and government decision-makers regarding legislative and/or regulatory activities as well as other issues and concerns related to fulfilling company objectives.
- Monitor, review, and provide necessary overviews of proposed legislation, regulations, policies, and political initiatives relating to the business and its corporate objectives and responsibilities.
- Regularly consult with division leadership regarding strategic alignment of public affairs and government relations objectives and engage senior leaders of the company to ensure awareness of key issues and support for government relations functions.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields.
- 10-15 years of experience in government relations, preferably within the technology or telecommunications sectors; Capitol Hill/government, legislative/telecom policy, political campaign, agency or trade association experience a plus.
- Ability to work on both sides of the aisle, in both Senate and House.
- Ability to create and deliver compelling arguments to advance the company’s interests and develop and execute innovative legislative solutions to promote the company’s objectives.
- Ability to manage multiple complex issues at once.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, represent the company with confidence and poise, and work with elected officials across party aisles.
- Understanding of federal technology and telecommunications regulatory environment, as well as federal and state legislative/policy landscapes.
- Experience managing a political action committee.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Reliable, conscientious, and always a team player.
Compensation: A detailed and compelling compensation package will be outlined for the selected candidate. Ligado Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.